As an intern or working student you will support our young team in solving our challenging engineering tasks.
Windows to Unix porting is needed for an existing data analysis system under development, consisting of a set of algorithms (currently approx. 50 scripts). The current solution runs under Windows and is being launched manually on a local computer. The algorithms need to be transferred to a remote UNIX environment, into a well-structured directory system, and then a standardized execution scheme needs to be worked out, as well as installed. The existing solution already has a significant level of standardization, but it is not ready for direct transfer to UNIX. Your task will be to perform the transfer of the above data analysis system, as well as improve the usability of the system.
- Transfer data analysis algorithm code from Windows to Linux
- Set up launcher scripts and metadata framework
- Assist in the installation of standardized UNIX environment to run the scripts
- Documentation of function of existing scripts and how they should be launched
- Demonstrate successful transfer
- Set up proper storage of algorithms (e.g. under GITHUB)
- Basic UNIX scripting skills
- Knowledge of the Python and R language environments
- Self-driven and hands-on way of working
Racyics GmbH, Bergstraße 56, 01069 Dresden, Germany
Intern or working student